- Level: Advanced
- Type: Hardback
- Page Count: 56 Pages
- Suitable for: 8-10 years
Key Words with Peter and Jane uses the most frequently met words in the English language as a starting point for learning to read successfully and confidently. The Key Words reading scheme is scientifically researched and world renowned.
- 12a The holiday camp mystery
- 12b Mountain adventure
- 12c The open door to reading
Book 12c provides the link with writing for the words used in 12a and 12b. Once this book has been completed, the child has finished the reading scheme.
The Key Words with Peter and Jane books work because each of the key words is introduced gradually and repeated frequently. This builds confidence in children when they recognise these key words on sight (also known as the 'look and say' method of learning). Examples of key words are: the, one, two, he.
There are 12 levels, each with 3 books: a, b, and c.
- Series a: Gradually introduces new words
- Series b: Provides further practise of words featured in the 'a' series
- Series c: Links reading with writing and phonics. All the words that have been introduced in each 'a' and 'b' book are also reinforced in the 'c' books